MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a top-ranked distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced that it is one of the first to receive Big Data Competency status from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been named a “Leader” in independent analyst firm Gartner Inc.’s first “Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics, Worldwide”1 and was positioned furthest within the Leaders quadrant on the “completeness of vision” axis and highest on the “ability to execute” axis.
In this special guest feature, Eric Frenkiel, Co-founder and CEO, MemSQL writes about the three myth surrounding in-memory computing and how companies that don’t take advantage of IMC risk being left behind.
In this special guest feature, Jesse Anderson from Cloudera writes about how many new companies, like the ones we see popping up in the Hadoop ecosystem, too quickly move from crawling to running, a process that sometimes leads to failure. [Read More...]
A recent TDWI report sponsored by Alteryx shows that predictive analytics is having a huge impact on the data and analytics landscape within organizations. The infographic below highlights the data types and new use cases that benefit from the increased use of predictive analytics, and why business analysts are best positioned to make the greatest contribution. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- MapR Technologies Among First to Receive Big Data Competency Status by AWS
- Showpad and GoodData Partner to Deliver Data Analytics to Power Successful Sales Meetings
- Accenture Positioned as Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics Services
- Use Case First Approach is an Inferior Way to Build Software
- In-Memory Computing: Three Myths That Could Put Your Business at Risk
- Manifest Insights: A Single Pane of Glass for your Data
- EnterpriseDB Extends Postgres Big Data Capacity with MongoDB Hadoop Extensions