HP and Hortonworks announced a strategic partnership to address the critical big data needs of enterprise customers. The joint commitment will help accelerate the adoption of Enterprise Apache Hadoop by deeply integrating the Hortonworks Data Platform with the HP HAVEn big data platform. The partnership is also supported by a $50 million equity investment by HP.
Tokutek®, delivering database performance at scale, today announced that MaxCDN, a low-cost, high reliability content delivery network (CDN), has deployed TokuMX™ as the foundation to its real time analytics platform.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has announced a new partnership with MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the highly ranked distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, to help enterprise customers easily and rapidly capture critical big data insights.
I recently became aware of a new whitepaper by Jim Sterne, founding president and chairman of the Digital Analytics Association – “From Data Scientist to Data Artist – Data Sculpting to Shape Business Insights.” [Read More...]
A very timely article recently appeared in Forbes that focused on several issues that may hold back big data from contributing to the bottom line in the near term, How Soon Will Big Data Yield Big Profits? This topic is on the mind of many companies in the process or contemplating the move into big data technology solutions. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Data Science 101: SparkR – Interactive R Programs at Scale
- HP Invests $50 Million in Hortonworks
- Zettaset Simplifies Big Data Security and Management for the Enterprise
- MaxCDN Builds Real Time Analytics Platform on Tokutek TokuMX
- MapR Partners with Tata Consultancy Services to Help Customers with Big Data
- Walking Then Running
- FoundationDB and DataRPM Partner to Simplify Analytics & Visualization on Next Generation Database