MapR is a major player in the Hadoop distribution marketplace that seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. I caught up with CMO Jack Norris to get his perspectives on the Hadoop ecosystem. In the interview below Jack talks candidly about MapR’s recent round of funding and how the company is priming itself for an IPO. Read on for more important insights from MapR!
Actian Corporation (“Actian”), the first company to deliver an end-to-end big data analytics platform that runs natively in Hadoop, today announced its Big Data 2.0 Clear Path Program designed to help companies jumpstart analytics projects or rapidly move existing ones into production. The program provides a complete roadmap to address specific business challenges, with proven methodologies […]
IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society is using IBM Big Data and Analytics technology to transform health and wellness services for seniors so that they can live safely and more independently in their homes.
As I frequently travel in data science circles, I’m hearing more and more about a new kind of tech war: Python vs. R. I’ve lived through many tech wars in the past, e.g. Windows vs. Linux, iPhone vs. Android, etc., but this tech war seems to have a different flavor to it. [Read More...]
There has been a lot of discussion lately about enterprise data hubs. Two major Hadoop distributions, Cloudera and MapR, are making a lot of noise to the business community with the statement that the center of gravity is shifting away from data warehouses toward Hadoop. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- INTERVIEW: Jack Norris, Chief Marketing Officer, MapR Technologies
- Visualization of the Week: San Diego Comic-Con 2014
- Actian Introduces Big Data 2.0 Clear Path Program
- Good Samaritan Society Transforms Care for Senior Citizens Using IBM Big Data and Analytics
- Hurwitz & Associates Reveals Its Victory Index Report for Advanced Analytics
- MapR Technologies Among First to Receive Big Data Competency Status by AWS
- Showpad and GoodData Partner to Deliver Data Analytics to Power Successful Sales Meetings