This article is the third in an editorial series that will review how predictive analytics helps your organization predict with confidence what will happen next so that you can make smarter decisions and improve business outcomes.. It is important to adopt a predictive analytics solution that meets the specific needs of different users and skill sets from beginners, […]
Ninety-two percent of executives from companies that are applying big data to their businesses said they are satisfied with the results, according to new research by Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
Making its biggest announcement in a decade as leader in analytics, IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced Watson Analytics, a breakthrough natural language-based cognitive service that can provide instant access to powerful predictive and visual analytic tools for businesses.
I’ve been monitoring a curious and lively discussion over on LinkedIn – “Is it necessary to have a Masters Degree to become a data scientist?” The comments I’ve seen have exhibited a number of points of view on the matter that I think are reflective of the questions on many people’s minds – both those wanting to become a data scientist and those wanting to hire a data scientist. [Read More...]
Here is a quaint story of a data scientist who had a short telephone interview for a position at online dating site HowAboutWe.com and proceeds to flip out when he is rejected. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Visualization of the Week: Uber Jobs by Country
- How Statistical Science Can Advance Big Data Research Projects
- Classes of Predictive Analytics
- Accenture Study Shows Satisfaction with Business Outcomes from Big Data
- Embarcadero Announces Major New Release of its Award-Winning Database Tools
- MapR Distribution Version 4.0.1 Announced
- Big Data Analytics: Gain a Performance Edge with a Hybrid Solution