A new survey from SAS, “Finding the Right Balance Between Personalization and Privacy,” finds a strong correlation between trust and willingness to share information on the part of the consumer. Trust in data security is by far the biggest factor when customers decide to provide information.
Welcome back to our series of articles sponsored by Intel – “Ask a Data Scientist.” This week’s question is from a reader who wants an explanation of the “bias vs. variance tradeoff in statistical learning.”
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced that it has been chosen by Rail Europe 4A (RE4A), a worldwide leader in the distribution of European rail products, to provide centralized and reliable data analytics and automated reporting capabilities.
In this special guest feature, Jesse Anderson from Cloudera writes about how you can succeed with a career move into programming. At a time when data science engineers are using experience in programming to carve out their place in Big Data, this could be your big opportunity. [Read More...]
This week I attended an event sponsored by my favorite Meetup group: LA Machine Learning. The topic was “Machine learning with Apache Mahout” presented by Ted Dunning, Chief Application Architect for MapR Technologies. The event was booked to capacity with 100 in attendance. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- SAS Survey: Finding the Right Balance Between Personalization and Privacy
- Data Science 101: Data Agnosticism – Feature Engineering Without Domain Expertise
- Big Data Humor: The Art of Statistics
- Free Promo Code for IS3 Cloud Conference, Oct. 27-28 in San Francisco
- Ask a Data Scientist: The Bias vs. Variance Tradeoff
- Rail Europe 4A Chooses TIBCO Jaspersoft to Centralize Reporting and Analytics Needs
- German Public Transportation Co. Adopts IBM Software Defined Storage to Tackle Big Data