IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society is using IBM Big Data and Analytics technology to transform health and wellness services for seniors so that they can live safely and more independently in their homes.
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a top-ranked distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced that it is one of the first to receive Big Data Competency status from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been named a “Leader” in independent analyst firm Gartner Inc.’s first “Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics, Worldwide”1 and was positioned furthest within the Leaders quadrant on the “completeness of vision” axis and highest on the “ability to execute” axis.
I am convinced we’re at an important inflection point in the timeline of the discipline of computer science. When compared to other disciplines like mathematics, physics and biology, computer science is a very young field, starting around 1964. But something is happening now, in 2014, that is propelling the field into a new evolutionary period. [Read More...]
Technologies that track data can make life more efficient, but can they go too far? If there’s a significant counterpoint to the big data stream roller, it is the potential for push back out of concerns for consumer privacy. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Good Samaritan Society Transforms Care for Senior Citizens Using IBM Big Data and Analytics
- Hurwitz & Associates Reveals Its Victory Index Report for Advanced Analytics
- MapR Technologies Among First to Receive Big Data Competency Status by AWS
- Showpad and GoodData Partner to Deliver Data Analytics to Power Successful Sales Meetings
- Accenture Positioned as Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics Services
- Use Case First Approach is an Inferior Way to Build Software
- In-Memory Computing: Three Myths That Could Put Your Business at Risk