Following the momentum of the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) World Congress in Detroit and Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx’s visit promoting the TIGER M-1 rail grant, Transit Labs CEO and Founder Dag Gogue has announced a partnership with the Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) to make the city’s public transportation more efficient.
Qlik®, (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in data discovery, has introduced general availability of Qlik® Sense, a device-independent, self-service visualization and discovery product engineered for enterprise-class governance and performance.
Hazelcast has announced raising an $11M Series B Venture Capital round to leverage their position as a leading open source In-Memory Data Grid and up and coming In-Memory NoSQL technology provider.
An important new research study was recently released that well-serves the needs of the data science professional community – the Burtch Works Study: Data Science Professionals Report. The free report includes a complete overview of the data science profession. [Read More...]
I recently ran across a thought-provoking post on the USC Anneberg Innovation Lab blog – “Why Do We Need Data Science when We’ve Had Statistics for Centuries.” With all the debate of late surrounding the relatively new “data science” term, I’ve been thinking a lot about this question, so I thought I’d analyze this notion here on insideBIGDATA by picking apart the article. I’d love to hear your take on this, so feel free to leave a note. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Detroit to Make Real-Time Transportation Decisions with Data Visualization
- Qlik Launches Qlik Sense for Enterprise-class Governance and Performance
- The Non-Technical Revolution: How Business Intelligence Came to the People
- Databricks and O’Reilly Media Launch Spark Developer Certification Program
- In-Memory Computing Player Hazelcast Raises $11M
- Visualization of the Week: Uber Jobs by Country
- How Statistical Science Can Advance Big Data Research Projects