IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society is using IBM Big Data and Analytics technology to transform health and wellness services for seniors so that they can live safely and more independently in their homes.
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a top-ranked distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, today announced that it is one of the first to receive Big Data Competency status from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been named a “Leader” in independent analyst firm Gartner Inc.’s first “Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics, Worldwide”1 and was positioned furthest within the Leaders quadrant on the “completeness of vision” axis and highest on the “ability to execute” axis.
Last week I went on an excursion away from my Silicon Beach base of operation to downtown Los Angeles in order to take in the Cloudera Sessions tech event. I think it is a good strategy for a company like this to increase brand awareness in an ever-crowded Hadoop distribution marketplace. [Read More...]
At year end 2013, a probing article appeared in CMS Wire, “The End of Data Scientists and Other Predictions.” I remember reading it at the time and thinking to myself, “Oh well, I better fire up a screenplay template in Word like everyone else here in LA and start typing because I’ll be out of work soon.” [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Good Samaritan Society Transforms Care for Senior Citizens Using IBM Big Data and Analytics
- Hurwitz & Associates Reveals Its Victory Index Report for Advanced Analytics
- MapR Technologies Among First to Receive Big Data Competency Status by AWS
- Showpad and GoodData Partner to Deliver Data Analytics to Power Successful Sales Meetings
- Accenture Positioned as Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics Services
- Use Case First Approach is an Inferior Way to Build Software
- In-Memory Computing: Three Myths That Could Put Your Business at Risk