Project Adam is a new deep-learning system modeled after the human brain that has greater image classification accuracy and is 50 times faster than other systems in the industry. Project Adam is an initiative by Microsoft researchers and engineers that aims to demonstrate that large-scale, commodity distributed systems can train huge deep neural networks effectively.
As a data scientist with my roots in the theoretical foundations of the field, I’m always looking for ways to challenge myself and pick up a new mathematical apparatus that could help me in my project work.
Capgemini and Cloudera have created the new infographic below on how organizations can maximize their Big Data potential. Capgemini and Cloudera recently announced an extended partnership to help organizations accelerate their Big Data initiatives.
Last night I had the distinct pleasure of attending a Data Science Track event sponsored by the LA Machine Learning meetup group: Data Science @ Netflix. [Read More...]
insideBIGDATA recently was contacted by our friends over at icrunchdata, a leading job search site for big data, analytics, and technology jobs. Todd Nevins, Co-Founder and Director of Marketing & Media Relations, pointed out that they just passed 500,000 Big Data jobs posted online via the Index powered by icrunchdata. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Data Science 101: Real-time Analytics using Cassandra, Spark and Shark
- Project Adam: a New Deep-Learning System
- The Putnam Mathematical Competition’s Unsolved Problem
- How to Become a Big Data Superhero
- IBM Introduces Elastic Storage on Cloud
- Goodyear Licenses APT’s Test & Learn and Market Basket Analyzer Platforms
- Predictive Analytics for Business Advantage