ParStream, the IoT analytics platform company, has introduced an analytics platform purpose-built for the speed and scale of the Internet of Things (IoT). Enabling an entirely new breed of analytics for the enterprise, the ParStream Analytics Platform is designed to easily scale to handle the massive volumes and high velocity of IoT data.
For those trying to sort out the big data technology stack, in particular Apache Hadoop, here is a compelling new infographic “The Current State of Hadoop: A look at the rise of Hadoop in big data enterprise applications for 2014,” courtesy of Solix.
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of a leading distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, has announced that MapR-DB is now available for unlimited production use in the freely-downloadable MapR Community Edition. MapR-DB was recently recognized by an independent research firm as the highest scored NoSQL key-value database for current offering among all reviewed vendors.
Last evening I had the pleasure of attending the latest installment of our local Los Angeles Big Data User Group where I am co-organizer. The featured speaker was Dr. William Bain, Founder & CEO of ScaleOut Software, a company providing distributed data grids for the enterprise. Bill’s talk was “Making Hadoop Realtime” where he discussed how in-memory data grids bring tremendous value to the Hadoop software stack. [Read More...]
For an illuminating look at the history and future of predictive analytics and big data, here is The Analytics Big Bang – predictive analytics reaches critical mass as big data and new technologies collide. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- ParStream Unveils Analytics Platform Built for the Internet of Things
- The Prescribed Value of Data Over Time
- Tresata Announces Real-Time Customer Intelligence Management Software Powered by Hadoop
- The Current State of Hadoop – An Infographic
- MapR-DB NoSQL Database Integrated into the MapR Distribution
- Predixion Insight 4.0 Released
- The Game’s Afoot! DataRPM Automates Big Data with Smart Machine Analytics