Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been named a “Leader” in independent analyst firm Gartner Inc.’s first “Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics, Worldwide”1 and was positioned furthest within the Leaders quadrant on the “completeness of vision” axis and highest on the “ability to execute” axis.
In this special guest feature, Eric Frenkiel, Co-founder and CEO, MemSQL writes about the three myth surrounding in-memory computing and how companies that don’t take advantage of IMC risk being left behind.
Manifest Insights is an exciting new Startup from Portland. “We are a data consulting and visualization company. We help companies gather together data from all the different sources where it may be and bring it together in a both easy to use and powerful dashboard, where they can slice and dice and view the data.”
I found an interesting discussion going on in the Global Big Data & Analytics group on LinkedIn – “Why do Hadoop projects fail?” Having just returned from the Hadoop Summit 2014 in San Jose, I witnessed plenty of use case examples Hadoop implementations that were wildly successful. I was therefore intrigued by the notion to itemize causes for failed projects. [Read More...]
Big data is all about finding ways to manage the increasing volume of information being kept on consumers presumably to help with making purchase decisions and fine-tuning the customer experience. Through data science and machine learning, technology-driven businesses have the ability to know more about their customers and potential customers than ever before. Service providers like TellApart, AdRoll, and Rubicon Project target online ads with unparalleled precision. [Read More...]
All Recent News
- Accenture Positioned as Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Analytics Services
- Use Case First Approach is an Inferior Way to Build Software
- In-Memory Computing: Three Myths That Could Put Your Business at Risk
- Manifest Insights: A Single Pane of Glass for your Data
- EnterpriseDB Extends Postgres Big Data Capacity with MongoDB Hadoop Extensions
- Data Science 101: SparkR – Interactive R Programs at Scale
- HP Invests $50 Million in Hortonworks