Tokutek®, delivering database performance at scale, and Datadog, the SaaS-based monitoring and data analytics platform that provides a unified view of IT infrastructure, today announced that they are partnering to integrate their products and to offer new monitoring and analysis capabilities for Tokutek high-performance database solutions, TokuMX™ and TokuDB®. The integration is available immediately for TokuMX; support for TokuDB is under development and will be available soon.
The integration between TokuMX and Datadog enables us to more easily visualize and tune our application and the supporting infrastructure to optimize overall performance,” said Ankur Chauhan, senior software engineer, Brightcove. “That’s a time and work saver for anyone who is building and deploying big data applications.”
- Opcounters – tracks dips or spikes that might indicate a problem with the servers or increased traffic that might require action;
- Replication Lag – indicates lag in seconds for each secondary and shows a heatmap illustrating the distribution of lag in a cluster at all times;
- Cachetable Utilization and Storage Size – follows resident memory used by all TokuMX servers, as well as the amount of storage used by each individual collection;
- TokuMX Dashboard – provides out-of-the-box advanced visualization for key metrics to determine cluster health;
- Customized Data Capabilities – enables users to choose how to display TokuMX metrics.
With Datadog, users are able to go back into the data and understand when and how degradation occurs. They can trace the problem all the way back to a single MongoDB call,” said Alexis Lê-Quôc, CTO & Co-Founder, Datadog. “Datadog takes care of the complex task of managing a monitoring system so that TokuMX customers can focus on using their metrics data to make better tuning decisions.”
To learn more about TokuMX or TokuDB visit www.tokutek.com/products
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.