Our friends over at RJMetrics just released today metrics which reveal trends in Pinterest user engagement and pinning habits, as well as how these have evolved since the company first explored Pinterest activity back in 2012. See full results HERE.
The key findings of the study include:
- 92% of all pins are made by women
- 84% of female pinners are still active in their fourth year – very significant user retention
- 20% of pins fall in the Food and Drink category, 12% are DIY & Crafts, and 11% are Home Décor
- Over the past year, the average active female user has made 158 pins
- Female users pin more and more every year they use Pinterest; While the average female user posts 42 pins in year 1, by year 4 she is up to 152
- Most pinned brands include Etsy (by a landslide), Urban Outfitters, Williams Sonoma and West Elm
- Lowe’s boasts the number one board on all of Pinterest, boasting 3.4MM followers as of this release
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.